A 70-year-old man in Modica narrowly escaped death in a domestic accident. After replacing an empty gas cylinder with a new one, the newly installed cylinder exploded and he was engulfed in flames. He suffered severe burns while checking its proper functioning. According to the carabinieri, who arrived at the scene, the man used a lighter to check the tube and valve. As soon as he approached the cylinder, which likely had a small gas leak, the explosion occurred. Emergency medical personnel from 118 arrived and urgently transported the man to the Maggiore Hospital. The firefighters also arrived at the scene. The man suffered burns in various parts of his body and his prognosis is reserved.
Modica, esplosione mentre sostituisce la bombola del gas: settantenne ustionato