From today 6 April the regions change color and Italy will be all in the red and orange zone. Eleven regions will be in the orange zone and nine in the red zone, while Mario Draghi’s government is working on a possible, gradual reopening starting from April 20 where the numbers of the epidemic will be improving.
The control room of the coronavirus emergency and the data processed weekly by the Istituto Superiore di Sanità and the Regions will eventually bring the territories out of the areas with greater restrictions. With an apostille: based on the law decree n. 44 1st April 2021 any reopening is conditional on 1) “the progress of the epidemic” and the “implementation of the vaccine plan”, but without defining the particular criteria for deciding them. There is no specific indication. Then an exemption is given to the Council of Ministers on the basis of an indeterminate formula. And there is the risk of encountering the same hierarchy problems of the sources that led to the abandonment of the Dpcm as the preferred legislative instrument of the emergency, given that a resolution of the CDM does not have the same value as a decree law.
On the basis of these provisions and the orders of the Minister of Health, from Tuesday 6 April, the envisaged measures will apply:
- for the orange zone to the regions of Abruzzo, Basilicata, Lazio, Liguria, Marche, Molise, Sardinia, Sicily, Umbria and Veneto and to the autonomous provinces of Bolzano and Trento;
- for the red zone to the regions of Calabria, Campania, Emilia-Romagna, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Lombardy, Piedmont, Puglia, Tuscany and Valle d’Aosta.
Sicily, therefore, in the orange zone. Here’s what you can do and what not:
- it is forbidden to circulate from 10pm to 5am unless proven reasons of work, health or urgency and necessity, to be proven by self-certification;
- movement from one municipality to another and from one region to another is prohibited;
- you can move freely and without the obligation of self-certification within your municipality;
- you can use the derogation to visit friends and relatives in the municipality once a day: you can travel in two people (with children under 14 in tow);
- the shops are open, the bars and restaurants are closed.
In the orange zone, walks, bike rides and runs can range over the entire municipal area and can also be done in picnic areas and public parks. Individual non-contact and outdoor sports such as tennis, golf, padel are allowed. Even with the orange color, the gyms and swimming pools remain closed. It is allowed to reach public and private sports centers and clubs in one’s own municipality or, in the absence of these structures, in another municipality in the same region.
This post is also available in: English