The municipal councilors of Messina, Giovanna Crifò is Benedetto Vaccarino, respectively of Forza Italia and Ora Sicilia, will expire following confirmation by the Second Criminal Section of the Supreme Court of the sentence in the trial “Gettonopoli“.
Since last February 17, 2021, we recall, the 15 sentences sanctioned in 2018 in the context of the procedure on “lightning appearances”Of the municipal councilors to the council commissions of Palazzo Zanca in five-year period 2013/2018.
With the confirmation of the Supreme Court, Giovanna Crifò and Benedetto Vaccarino will expire – when the sentence will be notified to the presidency of the Messina City Council. The first is sentenced to 1 year and 5 months, the second to 1 year and 9 months. Elected with Forza Italia in 2018 – Benedetto Vaccarino then moved on to the Ora Sicilia council group -, both directors have a fairly long past at Palazzo Zanca behind them. Councilor Crifò had been elected for the first time in 1998, her colleague in 2008.
In yesterday’s City Council meeting, during which the new councilor Francesca Cacciola took over from the resigning Daria Rotolo (Sicilia Futura), Benedetto Vaccarino he declared: “I have been accused of a crime, I have to leave the Chamber. I accept the sentence, but I do not fully agree with it. I am going away for something that sees me guilty but only in part ».
Acquitted, Libero Gioveni and Nora Scuderi, the Gettonopoli trial saw the conviction of:
- Carlo Abbate – 1 year and 6 months
- Piero Adamo – 1 year and 2 months
- Pio Amadeo – 1 year and 5 months
- Angelo Burrascano – 1 year and 4 months
- Nino Carreri – 1 year and 2 months
- Andrea Consolo – 1 year and 3 months
- Nicola Crisafi – 1 year and 7 months
- Giovanna Crifò – 1 year and 5 months
- Nicola Cucinotta – 1 year and 3 months
- Carmelina David – 1 year and 3 months
- Paolo David – 1 year and 7 months
- Santi Sorrenti – 1 year and 3 months
- Fabrizio Sottile – 1 year and 6 months
- Benedetto Vaccarino – 1 year and 9 months
- Santi Daniele Zuccarello – 1 year and 6 months.