Fire at hotel Milano in corso Umberto, Siracusa, leading to evacuation.

A large fire broke out at the Hotel Milano on corso Umberto, in the center of Siracusa. The flames spread rapidly, and residents in the area were the first to raise the alarm after smelling smoke. Nearby shopkeepers used fire extinguishers to try to prevent the worst. The thick black smoke could be seen from various parts of the city. Five teams of firefighters arrived on the scene, along with fire trucks and an aerial ladder. Thanks to their rapid intervention, the building was safely evacuated and no injuries were reported. The fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical malfunction, but investigations are ongoing. The damage to the hotel is substantial. At the same time, another fire occurred at La Cassatella bar on Viale Regione Siciliana in Palermo, possibly caused by a malfunctioning fryer. The smoke reached the rooms of a nursing home on the first floor of the building, which had to be evacuated. The residents were only allowed to return once the firefighters had finished their intervention.

Paura a Siracusa: incendio all’hotel Milano di corso Umberto, struttura evacuata

Sicilian news
Tutte le Notizie in Italiano