There are 851 new infections in the last 24 hours in Sicily. Cases were identified on 25,434 swabs processed between molecular and rapid tests. A worse situation in the island should therefore be recorded. In fact, yesterday 603 cases with practically the same number of swabs (about 300 more) came out. The positivity rate therefore rises to 3.3% (yesterday it was 2.3%). Another 19 deaths are to be recorded, bringing the total of people who lost their lives due to the Coronavirus to 5,546.
The balance of beds occupied in the hospital continues to decline, where ordinary hospitalizations are 995 (-26, yesterday they were 1,021) and intensive care 140 (-2) with three new daily admissions. More than 1,500 healed. The current positives drop significantly: 22,630 (-700), of which 21,495 in home isolation.
These are the new cases divided by province: Palermo 236, Catania 199, Messina 81, Syracuse 73, Trapani 41, Ragusa 71, Caltanissetta 65, Agrigento 69 and Enna 16.
Coronavirus, the situation in Italy
The new bulletin of the Ministry of Health in Italy today records 10,176 new cases out of 338,436 swabs. The pressure on hospitals continues to decline: 2,211 patients are in intensive care, 42 fewer than yesterday, net of 110 new entries. Unfortunately, even today the death toll is high: 224 have died in the last 24 hours. An important update comes from the Covid emergency commissioner: yesterday there were over 505 thousand doses administered and to date 16 million Italians have received at least one dose of the vaccine.
- New cases: 10,176 (yesterday 10,554)
- Cases tested: 109,485 (yesterday 105,538)
- Swabs (diagnostic and control): 338.436 (yesterday 328.612)
- molecular: 170705 of which 9656 positive equal to 5.66% (yesterday 5.82%)
- rapid: 167 731 of which 518 positive (yesterday 155992 of which 502 positive)
- Currently positive: 390,120 (yesterday 397,564)
- Hospitalized: 15,799, -532 (yesterday 16,331 -536)
- Hospitalized in ICU: 2,211, 110 new entries, -42 (yesterday 2,253, 109 new entries, -55)
- Died after a positive swab: 122,694 (yesterday 122,470)
- Total positive cases since the beginning of the pandemic: 4,102,921 (yesterday 4,092,747)
- Total Discharged / Healed: 3,590,107 (yesterday 3,572,713)
- Vaccinated: 7,065,634 people
This post is also available in: English