Speed up with vaccinations! Yesterday in the province, for the first time, the 7000 doses administered were touched. Almost half of the vaccinated belong to the age groups 50-59 and 60-69 (with pathologies).
“It is a significant fact that gives reason to the choice of the Musumeci government and that confirms the desire of the citizens to return to normal soon,” says the manager of the ASP of Catania, dr. Maurizio Lanza.
“We are fast approaching the daily vaccination target set for the province of Catania which, I’m sure – adds manager Lanza – will see a strong acceleration with the forthcoming opening of the new 4 Hubs in Acireale, Caltagirone, Misterbianco and Sant’Agata Li Battiati ».
For those over 50 (without pathologies), anti-Covid vaccinations with AstraZeneca will start on 13 May, but the agendas of the first days are already complete.
“We share the hope that this trend is on the rise and that it will be confirmed in the coming weeks – says dr. Antonino Rapisarda, medical director of the ASP of Catania -. For our part, we put in a great organizational effort, mobilizing the whole territorial assistance network, in which general practitioners have a key role, whom I always thank. In this campaign the mayors have also joined us, a real added value ».
The “Open doors” initiative continues today for vaccination without reservation open to:
– citizens over 50 with frailty pathologies falling within the following areas: respiratory diseases, cardiovascular diseases, neurological diseases, diabetes / other endocrinopathies, HIV, renal failure / renal disease, arterial hypertension, autoimmune diseases / primary immunodeficiencies, liver disease, cerebrovascular diseases, oncological pathology.
Users belonging to this target will be able to exhibit a certificate issued by the specialist or general practitioner certifying the user’s health status according to the categories shown in the detailed ministerial tables.
– citizens over 60 years old
– citizens aged 80 or over
– subjects of all ages belonging to the priority category of “high fragility” (as indicated by the national vaccination plan). Even for them it will be enough to show a certificate issued by the specialist or general practitioner certifying the state of health according to the categories shown in the ministerial tables.
In the province of Catania there are 9 Vaccination Points of the ASP of Catania where it is possible to receive the vaccine without reservation, exclusively for the target users indicated above:
• from 8.00 to 20.00 at the Catania Hub (Ex fruit and vegetable market, in Via Forcile)
• from 8.00 to 17.00, at the PVT of:
– Acireale (Via Martinez, 19)
– Adrano (Piazza Sant’Agostino)
– Belpasso (Via Nino Martoglio, 11)
– Caltagirone (Via Circonvallazione, 112 – Hospice)
– Linguaglossa (Piazza San Rocco, 42)
– Mascalucia (Via di San Michele – Massannunziata)
– Randazzo (Via Ospedale, 2)
– Scordia (Via Luigi Capuana, 32).
The extraordinary opening does not concern the Vaccination Points of the ASP hospitals in Catania.
Recommended for you:
This post is also available in: English