Avola, a Christmas tree on fire: family trapped in flames saved

Tragedy touched last night in Avola. A fire broke out inside an apartment due to a short circuit caused by the lights on the Christmas tree. Inside the house, in via Tomasellia family was trapped and emergency services were alerted and the firefighters and police officers immediately arrived at the scene.

The latter entered the building, despite the fact that the fire had made the air unbreathable due to the thick smoke, and first saved three people who were on the ground floor. Subsequently, after having secured the house by disconnecting the electricity meter and closing the gas cylinder, they managed to put out the flames and access the first floor by rescuing a pregnant woman and her husband.

Finally, the policemen saved a sixth person under the stairs, taking the latter outside as well. The fire was caused by a short circuit from the lights on a Christmas tree.

© Reproduction reserved

Category Siracusa

This post is also available in: English French Spanish