Another fire at the Cnr in Palermo, lithium batteries on fire once again.

A fire broke out in the basement of the Cnr (National Research Council) in Palermo, Italy. The fire was caused by lithium batteries and was quickly extinguished by the fire sprinkler system. About ten lithium-ion batteries burnt in a room used by the National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology, causing only smoke and no structural damage. Firefighters wore breathing apparatus to clear the smoke, and specialists were also called in. The melted batteries were used to power submarine probes for earthquake observation. Thanks to prompt alarms, employees and researchers were able to evacuate the building.

Un altro incendio al Cnr di Palermo, a fuoco di nuovo le batterie al litio

Sicilian news
Tutte le Notizie in Italiano